Monday, February 18, 2008

United Colors of Ireland




























On my most recent adventures in the west of Ireland I started paying attention to the color people paint the exterior of their houses (cause shane was mumbling something about it t last time around). The winters in this part of the country can be long, windy, grey and wet, and sometimes the summers aren't much better. I always enjoy the contrast of the plentiful green vegetation against the bright colors of these buildings. These two houses are located on two different points on either side of a bay (spanish point beach bay). The colors alone are interesting but i wonder if the owners intended for there houses to become a landmark visible for several miles on land and sea.

4 comments:

BipolarBunny said...

Such nice houses.

dprpatterson said...

Andrew! That's really great - they are really nice looking houses too. I think you've almost got the lingo down for describing them.

dprpatterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dprpatterson said...

ok I'm going to try some html here . .


It reminded me of this